The news

I'm a news junkie, I'll admit it. I read it everyday and watch most news shows on TV. I'm a Nightline junkie and about every other type of show. I like to learn and I like to know what's going on.

The confederate flag issue gets me. First of all, the flag so many are waving and fighting over isn't even the correct flag. Yeah I know, details details.  I don't understand how a church shooting becomes a flag issue.  It's a horrible tragic episode but let's not move the focus to some side issue.  People can have whatever flag they choose, doesn't bother me a bit. What does bother me is people who have the flag all being clumped into one hatred group and that's not the way it is.  It's okay to want this flag removed - by public opinion - but it's not even addressed regarding the black panthers flag even with members on TV touting kill whitey.  That's not racist I guess because of who says it.  My feeling is that there were black families who fought in the civil war and they were just as proud as northern families and the heritage should not be wiped off the earth. It's a disservice to all who fought.  If we are going to get rid of flags considered traitorous, why don't we start with the US flag?  We were traitors to England, or have folks forgotten that.  No, we consider that just wanting independence from an oppressive country. Isn't that what the south did? Swallow a camel and gag on a gnat.

The war on police.  Of course there are bad officers out there. Just because they are cops doesn't mean they aren't human with all the problems. I totally agree that the officer who shot the unarmed black man who was running away should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  If that man had been a mass murderer fleeing it would have been different. I get tired of it all being tied into racism though. More white men are shot but that's not important to the scheme of things.   Groups have declared SOS on the police, shoot on sight.  What disturbs me is our government hasn't said a word in support of our officers. They basically don't say a word on anything unless it's the right kind of liberal press they are searching for.  I worked alongside law enforcement officers many many years and out of all of those years, I only met one guy who was a basic jerk. Most are like the rest, they work hard, want to help, and go home to their families.  Now many are afraid of doing their job because a normal patrol can get you shot, just like gassing up your vehicle.  I feel for these guys.

The election.  I always thought Donald Trump was somewhat of a jerk.  I don't know that he knows enough to be president, but then again O'Bama didn't know squat and still doesn't.  One thing I do like about Trump is he says what a lot of people think, shocking huh?  I hear how we should let all illegals in and the majority of people saying we should haven't lived around them and wouldn't want them in their neighborhoods. I lived in Texas in an upscale community that tried to allow a diverse neighborhood. What we got was men drinking in the parking lot all night long because their wives wouldn't allow that crap indoors. There were hookers who would drive through and pick men up.  Noise, oh lordy the noise...the loud music, shouting, etc. Every day it was cleaning up the bottles out of the yard.  Then the big time gang started spray painting the walls. Normal simple homes in neighborhoods were painted hideous colors, pink with purple trim, and not neatly. Lawns became extended rooms with full sets of furniture in the yard.  Our admin let people in if they said they were fleeing a gang and what did they do? They brought the gangs with them.  I don't believe if you cross a border and have a child that child is an automatic citizen.  The spread of these people has moved to the northeast. I read about drunk driving and people killed.  I read about 30 people living in one residence and filing illegal tax returns that net millions.  Free medical care, free everything. In other countries, you either speak the language or sucks to be you, here we bend over backwards and it's ridiculous.  If somebody has been here working, not engaged in criminal activities, etc., then yes, let's help them do it legally.  If not, deport them the hell home.  All the Syrians - at first you feel so bad for them and so glad they got out, then when you see them on TV refusing food because of the red cross symbol or it's not fixed their way - sorry folks, eat it or starve.  Protest and throw things at the police - get shot, plain and simple. You aren't owed a thing.  I want somebody in who isn't a pansy and protects the rights of the working person and won't let our government sink further into nothingness. How anybody could remotely even think about voting for Hillary is beyond me. I see women of all ages on the news talking about how they would vote for her because she's a woman. I've seen bears who are smart but wouldn't want them in charge.  Hillary is wishy washy, she says what she thinks people want to hear and dismisses important issues like Benghazi. Why isn't this woman in jail?  She didn't even get out of bed for the briefings after saying she was "always available" for important issues. She couldn't care less about the man murdered. The emails - normal folks would be fired for not following security protocol. I worked under HIPAA and even the first name of a patient in an email - even to a supervisor - could get you a 500,000 fine and jail time.  Send out emails regarding national security willy nilly and just ignore it.  I wouldn't trust her to bake cookies for me with clean hands much less be in charge of ANYTHING. She's scary, and trying to be "with it" and getting Instagram and other accounts online does not make her cool.

ISIS - I think it's time to level where they are and put in a Walmart.  No pansying around, kill them all.  They serve no purpose. Our government saying if they had jobs they wouldn't be terrorists.  WTF?  Really? How about we get them all air conditioning and cable so they can watch porn all day and not be violent.  It boggles me they are letting terrorist groups set up compounds in our country where we aren't allowed to even drive through. They broadcast propaganda on how to kill us and this is allowed through freedom of speech.  I figure the founding fathers are rolling in their graves.  Makes you glad your grandparents aren't here to see what's changed.  Makes me want to move to New Zealand.  

Role models for young people. Boy I use that loosely, some role models.  I grew up with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, the classy female actresses, Jimmy Stewart. Now we have Miley Cyrus, the Kardashians, etc. I've never seen an episode of the Kardashians nor do I want too.   You'd think these people would use their money for good. They have limitless funds to learn, to travel (and not to fashion shows), and leave something behind besides porn tapes and photos of big asses.  It's sorry and it's sad.  Musicians who like to strip nearly naked and perform porn acts on stage is not entertainment, it's a sad attempt at getting attention.  Seeing a 60-year-old singer humping a young man is not attractive by any means.  

Religion in our government and schools.  Read your history folks, read what our founding fathers said about religion and you'd be shocked.  I don't believe it belongs in schools. I do believe in a quiet period where all religions can meditate or pray, but I don't believe in cramming it down the throats of everybody. Teaching classes on various religions is fine, but let's not make children pray to any god out there. That belongs in the home. When I worked in one particular hospital they decorated heavily for Christmas.  I didn't care one bit and neither did anybody else, but they forgot the fact that we had a large Jewish segment of doctors. They never said a word. I went to administration and asked them how about we put up some Hannukah decorations and they allowed it and the doctors were very appreciative. The lounge had rugs for the Islamic physicians to pray - nobody cared - and everybody got along.  

Gay rights - It gets me that people pick and choose what they want out of the biblical texts. Let's ignore adultery, stealing, etc and focus on what suits us.  I don't care if homosexuals are allowed to marry.  I grew up with these folks not even knowing what it meant until I was in my 30s - seriously.  I have a close relative right now who is gay...I couldn't give a rat's ass.  If he were a jerk, he'd be a plain old jerk and I wouldn't like him. What he does in his own room isn't my business. I don't like the parades where men wear thongs and act perverse. I wouldn't want to see any group do that.  It's more perverse to me to see these mega preachers bringing in billions, not taxed, who charade as a way to get to heaven.  That's much more of a sin to me.  

The war on coal. What genious decided nuclear power plants built on rivers was smart???  If a coal plant explodes and burns, you put the fire out and rebuild. If a nuclear plant has an accident, the river is ruined and the entire area is a no-go zone.  I'd like to personally smack the shit out of whoever thought it was smart to build these plants along earthquake faults. Way to go there bubba.  

Obamacare.  Really?  I keep hearing it was a great idea that Republicans wouldn't allow en toto.  What a joke. When it went into effect, my insurance through my employer went from having a doctor visit copay to having to pay 5000 out of pocket before they paid one dime. I don't know a soul who can afford this joke coverage. You get referred to some insurance store website who offers insurance at twice what you bring home. It might help those who do nothing anyway, but nobody else. I had a cousin with terminal cancer whose one dose cost 100.  Her husband had a serious heart attack worrying about her care.  She passed away eventually but to hear her anguish over trying to get a pill to stay alive was heartbreaking.  The drug companies are scandalous.  How much money does any one company need? I don't know how people sleep at night.  

Comments

Popular Posts